Saturday, August 18, 2007

What's with a little extra jammin'?

It's three in the morning, and at this unearthly hour I've just gotten back from the recreation room doing perhaps what only Palash Sen or Raghu Dixit would appreciate - jamming. We have our intra Bangalore cul-extravaganza today, and our show's at 9.30 am. I'm back in my comfort zone to catch some well deserved sleep. I can't even believe I'm tapping out this blog - so tired are my fingers from playing Tabla, and my biceps - they've already given way twice.

OK - that was more of a euphemism, but yeah, the kind of dedication that these guys have out here is amazing. At like 1 in the morning we're all irritable, and frustrated because we're getting the odd beat wrong, and any suggestion for changed is met with snobbishness, not out of being stubborn, but simply because we're too pained from having to play since 5 pm and we're not there yet.

And still, we carry on. Putting fight, as the IIMB lingo goes. Here's to a successful Ecstasy!!!

No comments: